1st Line Engineer
Are you looking to join a company that treats its staff like individuals and not just a number? Are you keen to learn and progress? Great! Please read on.
We are working with an exciting and fast-paced company based in Nutfield, which is seeking a 1st Line Engineer to join their small and friendly team.
On-the-job coaching will be provided, this company is seriously interested in having individuals stay with them for years to come and to progress within their company.
1st Line Engineer work environment:
The atmosphere within the complex is easy-going, yet busy. Within my client’s office, staff are encouraged to dress casually and enjoy the relaxed surroundings. While there is a consistent buzz of focus, there is also plenty of time for a coffee!
1st Line Engineer Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for phone calls, emails and tickets from customers regarding IT issues, incidents and requests
- Log ticket updates and document fixes within Service Desk ticketing system
- Maintain a high degree of customer service and take responsibility/ownership for support queries from start to finish, escalating if necessary
- Produce and update support documentation/knowledge base articles to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training if required
- Contribute to project work when required
- Cover the wide spectrum of 1stline support duties.
1st Line Engineer Skillset:
- 1st line IT Support experience on Microsoft platforms for a minimum of 6 months
- Strong abilities in administering Microsoft Windows Server-based infrastructure (Microsoft Server 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019)
- Supporting a Windows Desktop environment
- Experience of Active Directory knowledge, for example, creating/deleting user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups, Group Policy Objects etc.
- Basic to moderate understanding and experience of Exchange/Office 365.
- Microsoft Office.
- ActiveSync, iPhone, Android
- Experience with backup and recovery software
- An understanding of file and folder permissions (NTFS)
- Network administration and troubleshooting, including routers, switches, TCP/IP
- Ability to run updates on key systems (Microsoft patches and rebooting etc)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Basic understanding of virtualisation technologies
1st Line Engineer Benefits:
- £20k - £25k (dependant on experience)
- Personal performance-related bonus of 5%
- Company Laptop – (Top-spec Dell)
- 50% contribution to a local Gym membership
- 22 days holiday accruing 1 day a year up to 25 days (not including bank holidays)
- Government pension
- Team lunch on Friday
- Quarterly Team building fun days