Senior QA Tester - Automation
MFK Recruitment is proud to be partnered with one of the UK’s fastest-growing FinTech companies, which is seeking a Senior QA Tester - Automation to join their team.
Senior QA Tester - Automation - The role:
As the Senior QA Tester, you will work within an Agile team following the principles and activities as outlined by Scrum and XP. Ensure high quality (in terms of test case writing, maintaining, Creating automated test plans when needed, integration testing, aware of security, performance and overall quality) of software applications in accordance with department policies and procedures.
Senior QA Tester - Automation - Main duties will include:
- Design and develop test scripts and cases in order to provide comprehensive product and maintenance release test coverage.
- Responsible for leading the identification and implementation of improvements in automated testing approaches and procedures
- Manage and develop regression test suites
- Testing Mobile, Desktop Websites from homepage throughout to ensure the user experience is as error-free as possible
- Able to create test cases and update the existing test cases
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Collating test results and ability to analyse results, finding trends in any bugs or issues
- Documenting testing defects and entering them into a defect tracking system (Jira)
- Be a positive team player working in an agile team of developers and members of Project Management.
- Proactively providing feedback should any challenges occur during the project life cycle
- Knowledge of non-functional details of the requirement/project such as environments, browsers, mobile versions
- Able to work on multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work across all the projects
- Understanding, observing & complying with the Group policy and procedures, Company’s information security policy and ISMS at all times.
Senior QA Tester - Automation - Key Skills:
- Excellent observation skills and high attention to detail
- Motivation to improve the quality of our products
- Good written and oral communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of test automation
- In-depth knowledge of Selenium
- In-depth Knowledge of BDD (Gherkin)
- An understanding of Testing principles, Testing terminology, full Software lifecycle
- Awareness of a bug tracking tool (preferably Jira)
- Awareness of Agile methodologies
- Experience working in an agile testing environment