So, you’re feeling nervous about your interview? Great!
Nerves are completely natural, this shows that you’re passionate about the opportunity.
Please see below for our Top 5 Do’s and Don’ts for your interview.
Top 5 Do’s
- Do come prepared – Research into the company and industry. Who are their competitors?
- Do dress smart and professional (unless asked otherwise). First impressions are very important
- Do have questions prepared for the interviewer. This will show that you’re interested
- Do take some time to consider your answers and respond thoughtfully. You shouldn’t feel pressured to answer each question in rapid fire!
- Do take time for pleasantries and a casual bit of social banter! You will hopefully be working with the interviewer in the future, your likeability is paramount
Top 5 Don’ts
- Don’t be late! Make sure you allow for potential delays, plan your journey thoroughly and it maybe worth going on a practice run
- Don’t forget the basics – Manners, eye contact, firm handshake.
- Don’t speak negatively of former co-workers, employers or colleagues.
- Don’t be afraid to admit you don’t know the answer to a question, it’s better than making up an answer. Honesty is the best policy!
- Don’t forget to highlight your biggest strengths. Why should they hire you?